The Top Down (Convertible)
The Top Down holster is an option available for any of our holsters that provides the ability for the holster to be worn IWB or OWB; inside or outside the waistband. The Top Down conversion adds 2 slots to the holster to allow for a belt to be threaded through the leather if the wearer desires to wear the holster outside their waistband on any particular day. The Top Down is only available in Kybrid format because Hybrids require the sandwiching effect that the belt and pants provide when carried IWB. When carrying OWB, the Kybrid will ensure the proper retention is still maintained.
- Select the type of holster you want (Kybrid only for The Top Down).
- Add your holster(s) to the cart.
- In your cart, type in the make and model of your firearm and whether you are left or right-handed, in the "special instructions" box
- Example: Glock 19, Right Hand
- Also in your cart, specify whether you wish to have Black (rust resistant) or Nickel Plated (rust proof) belt clips.
Available in Kybrid Only:
ProTEQ Kybrid Holster
- The best holster ProTEQ can make, including all of the features of the ProTEQ Hybrid Holster, PLUS:
- Kydex 100 coverage on BOTH sides of the gun.
- .080” Kydex 100 on the outside
- .062” Kydex 100 on the inside
- Provides consistent retention throughout the life of the holster.
- While the leather becomes more and more comfortable by molding to the wearer’s body, the full Kydex coverage will provide nearly the same level of retention throughout the life of the holster.
- Fully covers both sides of the gun’s trigger guard.
- Prevents the possibility of an accidental discharge caused by the holster.
- Prevents large debris from entering the firearm's trigger guard.
- Provides robust linear draw-stroke, helping to prevent an unexpected "gun-grab."
- Crafted Premium Horsehide Backer
- Back surfaces (top, bottom, and flex points) blended to provide further comfort to the wearer.
- Burnished edges are coated with Edge-Coat to provide further water resistance.
- Cut to allow for a full stacked thumbs grip with the gun hand while still in the holster, leaving no need to re-adjust the thumb after drawing for the support hand to complete the grip.