Level 1: Defensive Foundation
In this course students will learn and begin to develop the necessary skills, both physically and mentally, needed in order to safely and effectively defend themselves or others if the need arises.
Some of the subjects covered are:
- Drawing from concealment
- Trigger control
- Shot placement
- Malfunction clearing
- Pieing around cover and concealment
- Moving while shooting both stationary and moving threats
- One handed shooting and gun manipulation
Some mental aspects covered include:
- Controlling adrenaline and using it to aid one's ability to operate
- Various real life case studies
- How to deal with the aftermath of a defensive situation
- General laws and statutes regarding concealed carry
This is a one day course composed of 5+ hours of material, and is what we consider to be the students' defensive foundation and prerequisite for all future training.
- Defensive pistol with concealed carry holster
- Spare Magazine Carrier (optional, but recommended)
- 100 Rounds of Ammunition (Minimum)
- Eye Protection
- Ear Protection
- Sack Lunch
- Water Bottle
- Folding Chair (optional)
- May need these items depending on weather:
- Bug Spray
- Rain Jacket
If you do not yet own a defensive pistol that is applicable for concealed carry, please contact us for additional options and consultation to help get you what you need. Rental pistols and holsters are available upon request for an additional fee of $20.
The course runs from 10am to 4pm or later if necessary.
If you have a medical need, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate you. We have worked with several students with joint problems, impaired or missing limbs, wheelchairs, bad sensory function, arthritis, etc. We will help you develop the techniques to meet your individual requirements.
A minimum of $50 deposit is required for anyone who selects cash or check as a payment method. Otherwise payment in full at the time of sign up is accepted.
If you sign up and afterward have an emergency, we will work with you to re-schedule you into a different course. If you are no longer able to attend a course due to extenuating circumstances (moving, accident, etc.), we will refund your course fee to you.
Check the "Deals" page to see if you qualify for any of our offered discounts.
Any specific additional logistics will be communicated to the students who have signed up for the specific course being effected.